Who we are
Out of the Box Technology is an Elite QuickBooks Solution Provider (QSP) and a leading national QuickBooks consulting firm. Our motto is “Anything + Everything QuickBooks“, it’s really that simple. We provide our clients with QuickBooks products and data services, recurring accounting services as well as training and consulting. Our rapidly growing company is passionate about helping businesses grow and prosper. We have a need for an Assistant controller with a background in a variety of Industries to join our wonderful team.
Who we need
If you are analytical, detail oriented, deadline oriented, an excellent multi-tasker, hardworking, incredibly organized and enjoy accounting/bookkeeping we would like you to join our team! As an Assistant Controller, you will ensure timely and accurate management of all accounting operations for a variety of industries and customers. You will be tasked with ensuring quality control over transactions and reporting. The qualified candidate will assist small and medium sized businesses with their QuickBooks – set up, training, provide support and trouble shooting. As well as, maintain client QuickBooks Online company files, create new company files and/or convert other accounting software programs into QuickBooks. The Assistant Controller will also accept and code all bank and credit card transactions, and reconcile all account and provide monthly financials.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent relevant bookkeeping work experience.
- 3+ years of manager level accounting/bookkeeping experience.
- 2+ year construction accounting experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online experience.
- Multiple client experience required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification is a plus, but we will train the right candidate.
- Previous experience working in a fully remote role.
General Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of accounting principles; general ledger, A/P, A/R, cash management, and job costing, and certified payroll.
- Maintain a clean and accurate Chart of Accounts (understands how transactions should be treated (assets, liabilities, equity, income and expenses)
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other company financial statements and reports in QuickBooks.
- Advanced Excel skills – writing macros/VBA, data translation from source to import formats, create formulas and repeatable steps for data lookup, text manipulation, and data formatting to combine data from multiple sources, as well as evaluate, sort, filter, and manipulate large data sets while retaining overall data integrity
- Must know cash and accrual basis accounting and accrual reversals.
- Must be able to allocate payment to interest expense and liability principal reduction (understand amortization schedules)
- Track of sales tax on projects and sales tax reporting.
- Have excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new technology.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple clients and multiple tasks
- Adapt to frequent changes, project specific requirements, and solve issues encountered in a timely manner, as well as shift between multiple parallel projects
- Must be able to retain knowledge regarding all customers assigned to them.
- Must know the status of work at any point in time.
- Must be able to learn and understand your customers’ business.
Experience working with a variety of Industries (including, but not limited to)
- Lawn Care/Landscaping
- Real Estate/Developer
- Medical/Dental/Health Services
Out of the Box Technology values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Out of the Box Technology prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employer contributed -Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid time off, including Holidays
- Internal training program – Out of the Box Academy
- Work from home
- Company provided equipment, if needed
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible Schedules