Taking the occasional break to read news, reviews or even whimsical stories from colleagues can be beneficial to your professional development. Getting insight and ideas into the latest technology, HR, marketing and other general business information can help you grow your practice. And staying current with industry laws and regulations can help you position yourself for success with clients. Even thought there are a ton of resources out there, here are 11 informational and regularly updated blogs that will inform, entertain and improve you as a professional.
- The CPA Desk from PKF Texas – Mostly tax-centric articles from tax and accounting advisors.
- AICPA Insights from the American Institute of CPAs – Posts from staff and members on accounting profession topics.
- CPAs Talk Tech Biz from Abbott, Stringham & Lynch – Tax and finance articles geared towards the tech industry.
- CPA Practice Advisor Blog – from CPA Practice Advisor – Industry leading articles covering the areas of accounting, taxation and technology.
- CPA Trendlines from Bay Street Group – Regularly updated practice management articles. Note: some articles require membership for viewing.
- Solutions For CPA Firm Leaders from Rita Keller – Often humorous tips provided by a leading business resource for CPA and accounting firms.
- Practical ideas for growth from inovautus consulting – Variety of topics and ideas for business improvement.
- Golden Practices Blog from Michelle Golden – Industry tips and advice for accountants, consultants and advisors.
- Inspired Ideas Blog from Convergence Coaching – Leadership and general tips for practice improvement.
With rules, regulations and laws varying from state to state, location specific resources are also helpful for getting news and information about the financial industry. Although many CPA societies or institutes do not include a blog on their member websites, many do have news or resource centers they use to update professionals with current information.
Additional CPA Society & Association Blogs, News or Resources by State
If you know of a blog that we missed, or find a resource that financial professionals will find informative and useful, let us know what it is and why it is awesome so we can add it to the list.