Here is what you need to know if your business uses QuickBooks POS
Intuit announced that QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 19.0 is being discontinued and has reached end-of-life. As of February 8, 2023, new customers of QuickBooks point of sale can no longer purchase licenses. Existing QuickBooks Point of Sale users do not need to panic just yet. They can continue to operate as usual, add-on point of sale software licenses, and receive technical support through October 3, 2023. But after that date, users will need to find a new solution for managing sales and inventory.
5 Important Things for QuickBooks POS Users to Know:
- New customers will no longer be able to purchase QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 19.0 licenses. This means that if you’re thinking about using this software for your business, you’ll need to look for an alternative solution.
- For existing QuickBooks customers, new licenses can be purchased until October 3, 2023.
- Until October 3, 2023, your business can operate as usual.
- After October 3, 2023, you will no longer be able to purchase licenses, technical support will no longer be available, and there will be no future versions of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- If you’re using Intuit Merchant Services with QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 19.0, this service will also be discontinued after October 3, 2023. This means that you’ll need to find a new payment processing solution for your business too.
Can I continue using my QuickBooks Point of Sale after October 3, 2023?
Yes, you can continue to use your QuickBooks point of sale for as long as you like.
However, there are some important things to keep in mind.
In addition to QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale software, several connected services will also be discontinued on October 3, 2023. This includes:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Gift Card Service
- Mobile Sync
- Store Exchange- Multi-Store Connectivity
- e-commerce integration with Webgility
- Support plans including Live Support (phone, email, chat), and
- Vendor Lookup Service
While you can technically continue to use QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 without these services after October 3, 2023, it’s important to be aware of the potential risks. Without support, including critical security patches, your system could become more vulnerable to cyberattacks and data theft over time.
What options are available if I want to move off of my QuickBooks Point of Sale?
Out of the Box Technology has partnered with a leader in the Point of Sale space, Lightspeed, as our Point of Sale platform replacement.
With Lightspeed, you will get industry-leading tools, payment technology and integrations that enable you to keep up in today’s fast-moving and competitive retail landscape.
Improve inventory accuracy across every location and warehouse.
Integrate and manage inventory, sales and customer data across all your sales channels and stores.
Get full visibility across your business.
Reduce stockouts and overstocking, plus gain visibility across multiple locations and channels.
Attract more customers, no matter where they shop.
Meet your customers where they shop, from your site to social selling to online marketplaces.
Build a better bookkeeping system for your business today by connecting with us now.