QuickBooks Expert Level ProAdvisor
Who we are
Out of the Box Technology is an Elite QuickBooks Solution Provider (QSP) and a leading national QuickBooks consulting firm. Our motto is “Anything + Everything QuickBooks“, it’s really that simple. We provide our clients with QuickBooks products and data services, recurring accounting services as well as training and consulting. Our rapidly growing company is passionate about helping businesses grow and prosper. We have a need for an Assistant controller with a background in a variety of Industries to join our wonderful team.
Who we need
If you are analytical, detail oriented, deadline oriented, an excellent multi-tasker, hardworking, incredibly organized and enjoy accounting/bookkeeping we would like you to join our team! As a QuickBooks Expert Level ProAdvisor, you will ensure timely and accurate management of all advanced accounting operations for a variety of industries and customers. You will be tasked with ensuring quality control over your team’s transactions and reporting. The qualified candidate will manage a team that will assist small and medium sized businesses with their QuickBooks – set up, training, provide support and trouble shooting. The qualified candidate will also oversee (and assist) their team as they maintain client QuickBooks Online company files, create new company files and/or convert other accounting software programs into QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Expert Level ProAdvisor must be familiar with accepting and coding all bank and credit card transactions, reconcile all accounts and provide monthly financials.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent relevant bookkeeping work experience.
- 5+ years of manager level accounting/bookkeeping experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online experience.
- Multiple client experience required.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor certifications
- Previous experience working in a fully remote role.
General Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles; general ledger, A/P, A/R, cash management, and job costing, and certified payroll.
- Consulting and training at an Expert level of Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks Payroll, set up, trouble shoot and training.
- Strong ability to maintain a clean and accurate Chart of Accounts (in depth understanding on how transactions should be treated (assets, liabilities, equity, income and expenses)
- Proficient in prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other company financial statements and reports in QuickBooks.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Expert level knowledge of 1099’s
- Ability to prepare financials up through tax review
- Must know the ends and outs of cash and accrual basis accounting and accrual reversals.
- Must be able to proficiently allocate payment to interest expense and liability principal reduction (strong understanding of amortization schedules)
- Ability to track sales tax on projects and sales tax reporting.
- Have excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new technology.
- Top-notch organizational skills – ability to manage multiple clients and multiple tasks
- Flexibility to adapt to frequent changes, project specific requirements, and solve issues encountered in a timely manner, as well as shift between multiple parallel projects
- Experience with QuickBooks Time Setup
- Must be able to retain knowledge regarding all customers assigned to them.
- Must know the status of work at any point in time.
- Must be able to learn and understand your customers’ business.
Experience working with a variety of Industries (including, but not limited to)
- Lawn Care/Landscaping
- Real Estate/Developer
- Medical/Dental/Health Services
Out of the Box Technology values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Out of the Box Technology prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employer contributed -Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid time off, including Holidays
- Internal training program – Out of the Box Academy
- Work from home
- Company provided equipment, if needed
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible Schedules