Who we are
Out of the Box Technology is an Elite QuickBooks Solution Provider (QSP) and a leading national QuickBooks consulting firm. Our motto is “Anything + Everything QuickBooks“, it’s really that simple. We provide our clients with QuickBooks products and data services, recurring accounting services as well as training and consulting. Our rapidly growing company is passionate about helping businesses grow and prosper. We have a need for a Payroll Manager with a background in a variety of industries to join our growing team.
Who we need
A Payroll Manager will ensure timely and accurate management of all accounting and payroll operations for various businesses. If you are analytical, detail oriented and enjoy accounting/bookkeeping we would like you to join our team! The qualified candidate will assist all sized businesses in the US and Canada with their QuickBooks payroll data migration. The qualified candidate for this position will be highly organized, deadline oriented, be able to handle multiple projects with multiple clients in a fast- paced environment, be able to work independently and as part of a team, must be a quick learner and must have excellent communication skills with customers and others.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent relevant bookkeeping work experience.
- 3+ years of payroll and accounting/bookkeeping experience.
- 3-5 years of QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online payroll experience.
- Multiple client experience required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor certifications are a plus, but we will train the right candidate.
General Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of payroll, general ledger, A/P & A/R
- Strong understanding of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other company financial statements and reports in QuickBooks.
- Advanced Excel skills – writing macros/VBA, data translation from source to import formats, create formulas and repeatable steps for data lookup, text manipulation, and data formatting to combine data from multiple sources, as well as evaluate, sort, filter, and manipulate large data sets while retaining overall data integrity
- 1099’s, W2s.
- Have excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new technology.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple clients and multiple tasks
- Adapt to frequent changes, project specific requirements, and solve issues encountered in a timely manner, as well as shift between multiple parallel projects
- Must be able to retain knowledge regarding all customers assigned to them.
- Must know the status of work at any point in time.
- Must be able to learn and understand your customers’ business.
Payroll Management Experience
- Monitor and process compensation changes, status changes and PTO payments all payroll related changes
- Update all payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates.
- Review payroll reports and timesheets for accuracy
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates.
- Complete payroll accounting, transactions, reporting, stop payments and other operations.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c).
- Input any incoming garnishments, tax levy’s bankruptcy, or support orders for any employee affected.
- Respond to any data/reporting requests related to payroll.
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employer contributed -Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid time off, including Holidays
- Internal training program – Out of the Box Academy
- Work from home
- Company provided equipment, if needed
- Referral program
Out of the Box Technology values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Out of the Box Technology prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday