IT Support Specialist
Who we are
Out of the Box Technology is an Elite QuickBooks Solution Provider (QSP) and a leading national QuickBooks consulting firm. Our motto is “Anything + Everything QuickBooks“, it’s really that simple. We provide our clients with QuickBooks products and data services, recurring accounting services as well as training and consulting. Our rapidly growing company is passionate about helping businesses grow and prosper.
Who we need
We are looking for a detail orientated, multi -tasker with a background in assisting companies with a variety of technical support needs. The IT Support Specialist will be supporting internal staff with a multitude of needs, as well as troubling shooting for clients occasionally. This person will work closely with an outside support company to resolve IT matters within the company in a timely manner.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance
- Deploys and assists external support company with configuration and updates of all computers and other equipment for all new hires.
- Creates tickets with external support companies to sets up new hire accounts as needed; resets passwords; grants network permissions; adds network drivers.
- Provides technical assistance to end users via phone, email, or video call; work may involve providing training to end users, troubleshooting technical issues, responding to helpdesk requests, and following up with users to ensure proper functioning of systems and equipment.
- Monitors and manages IT ticketing systems to identify and assist external support company to solve IT issues; work may involve responding to tickets and forwarding tickets to appropriate personnel or departments.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates technical and general reports, purchase orders, forms, records, and other documentation, to ensure timely and accurate documentation.
- Purchase hardware and software and perform basic setup, installs and deployment for office and field staff of all locations, primarily Windows OS and MS Office Suite
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- High level of technical experience
- Ability to prioritize and stick to strict deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Must be detail oriented and strive to perform work accurately and efficiently
- Expert level knowledge of windows operating systems, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Zoom and remote desktop software’s.
- Knowledge of technology troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of technically supporting all QuickBooks functions and install.
Education, Licensing, Certification and Expierence:
- Certificate/Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science or a closely related field requiring equivalent coursework preferred
- 1 to 5 years’ experience serving as IT support
Out of the Box Technology values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Out of the Box Technology prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.