Data Services Manager
Who we are
Out of the Box Technology is an Elite QuickBooks Solution Provider (QSP) and a leading national QuickBooks consulting firm. Our motto is “Anything + Everything QuickBooks“, it’s really that simple. We provide our clients with QuickBooks products and data services, recurring accounting services as well as training and consulting. Our rapidly growing company is passionate about helping businesses grow and prosper. We have a need for a Data Services Manager with a background in a variety of industries to join our growing team.
Who we need
If you are analytical, detail oriented, deadline oriented, an excellent multi-tasker, incredibly organized and a hard worker we would like you to join our team! The qualified candidate will assist small and medium sized businesses in the US and Canada with their QuickBooks file creation, data migration from QB or Legacy software, and technical troubleshooting. This is not a “help desk” position. As a Data Services Manager, you will work with clients one-on-one (remotely). Some client issues are fixed in one appointment, others have on-going projects where you will serve as project manager, as well as getting the work done to meet the end goal.
- Ability to pay constant attention to detail and focus on project work for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, and collaboratively in team environments
- A sense of urgency to deliver timely, accurate results when working on projects
- Strong communication skills – effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with both internal personnel and clientele
- Strong knowledge retention – particularly regarding assigned clients
- Strong organizational skills – ability to adapt to frequent changes, project specific requirements, and solve issues encountered in a timely manner, as well as shift between multiple parallel projects
- Ability to follow and troubleshoot standard methods
- Strong notetaking skills
- Previous experience working remote
Required Technical Experience
- Excel – create formulas and repeatable steps for data lookup, text manipulation, and data formatting to combine data from multiple sources, as well as evaluate, sort, filter, and manipulate large data sets while retaining overall data integrity.
- Must have experience with data migrations
- Experience with various internet browsers, Outlook, Word and mobile apps
- Experience using or supporting QuickBooks,
- Experience with various accounting software.
- Advanced Excel skills – writing macros/VBA, data translation from source to import formats
- Previous bookkeeping and/or accounting experience
- Experience with inventory management
- Advanced reporting skills using ODBC or other apps
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible Schedules
Out of the Box Technology values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Out of the Box Technology prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.