The following are important tax dates to make note of if you are using Intuit Payroll services to file 2014 taxes.
Important Tax Dates for Basic, Standard, and Enhanced Payroll
December 22, 2014: Date that employers may begin transmitting 2014 W-2s to the Social Security Administration
January 2, 2015: Date that IRS e-filing servers will begin accepting e-filings for 2014 Form 940, 2014 Form 944, and fourth quarter 2014 Form 941. If you attempt to e-file these forms before January 2, 2015, you will receive a rejection message and will need to resubmit your e-filings through QuickBooks.
February 2, 2015: Deadline for Forms W-2, 940, 941, 943, and 944:
- Deadline to supply each employee a completed Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement
- Deadline to deposit FUTA tax owed through December 2014
- Deadline to file Form 940 (FUTA) for 2014 (February 10, 2015, if you deposited required payments on time)
- Deadline to file Form 941 for fourth quarter 2014 if you did not deposit all fourth-quarter taxes when due (February 10, 2015, if you deposited all required fourth-quarter payments on time)
- Deadline to file Form 943 for 2014 (February 10, 2015, if you deposited all required payments on time and in full payment of the taxes due for the year)
- Deadline to file Form 944 for 2014 if you are a small employer assigned this filing type by the IRS (February 10, 2015, if you deposited full payment of your taxes by February 2, 2015)
March 2, 2015: Deadline to file Form W-3, Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements, along with Copy A of all the Forms W-2 you issued for 2014 (March 31, 2015, if you file electronically)
Be sure to watch for additional emails and communications from Intuit Payroll regarding state agency deadlines and changes through year-end.
Important Tax Dates for Assisted Payroll
December 15, 2014: Date through which W-2 previews are scheduled to be available in Payroll Tax Center
December 31, 2014: Last day to change your W-2 printing preference in the Payroll Tax Center
January 12, 2015: Date that W-2s are scheduled to be available in the Payroll Tax Center for self-print
January 19, 2015: Date by which Intuit Print Service begins mailing W-2 forms to your employees
February 2, 2015: Deadline to supply each employee a completed Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement
Early February 2015: Date that copies of your fourth quarter 2014 and federal annual payroll tax returns are scheduled to be available in the Payroll Tax Center
Early March 2015: Date that copies of your state annual payroll tax returns are scheduled to be available in the Payroll Tax Center
Additional Tax Deadlines
February 2, 2015: Deadline to supply each 1099 vendor (to whom you paid $600 or more) with a completed Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income
March 2, 2015: Deadline to file all the Forms 1099-MISC you issued for 2014, along with Form 1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns (March 31, 2015, if you file electronically)